Thousand Dollar Thursday, A Grand New Deal Every Week

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Horses and Memories

Life here is not that much fun. It's very boring. But once in awhile I see something, read something, or with my vast memory---almost photogenic in nature---I remember something that once made me happy..
We are a horse family. My daughters and wife, and now my grand-daughters have grown up loving these equine miracles.
So, here I am reading a book on a crime investigation called FREE FALL by Robert Crais, and on page 237 I find this paragraph: "The park was crowded, and most of the trail riders were families and kids, but most of the pen riders were serious young women with tight riding pants and heavy leather riding boots and their hair up in buns. We bought diet Cokes and watched them ride."
Those of you know my family and my caffeine proclivities should get a kick out of this. Hopefully not a horse kick. They hurt.
That's all for now.
I sure miss my kids and those fun times.
Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment